QENP – Kluges Guest Farm.
Total distance and time.
114 km, about 2hr 30min.
Route details and breakdown.
• Kazinga Channel campsite no 2 – tar road bisecting QENP and leading straight north to Fort Portal, 30min, 24km.
• To Crater Gate turnoff on this tar road, 8km and 8min.
• Equator crossing, 1km further on.
• Kasese town, 21km on this tar road.
• Pass through village of Rubona after 84km on this tar road, the signposted turnoff to Kluges Guest Farm is 4,2km from Rubona on the northern outskirts of the village of Buhesi.
• This turnoff is very sharply to the right and then immediately left, all signposted. GPS co-ords N00 35,193 E30 12,511. The signpost indicates that Kluges is 4,8km down the road.
• After the first small rural village take the left fork, signposted Kluges 1,4km. GPS co-ords N00 35,421 E30 14,219.
• This narrow rural dirt road has to be taken fairly slowly.